VIDEO: Health Care Strikes During a Pandemic
Fights for union demands such as safe staffing and struggles against privatization have taken on even more significance during a dire public health crisis.
In this webinar on January 29th, we heard from worker leaders who organized with their co-workers to use their ultimate weapon—the strike—to fight for what they need not just during the pandemic, but beyond.
- Kristen Perez, RN, Illinois Nurses Association Unit Steward at University of Illinois Hospital, Chicago
- John Pearson, ER Nurse, Alameda Health System Chapter President, SEIU 1021
Read more about their organizing here:
- Chicago Health Care Workers on Strike for Safe Staffing, $15 Minimum, PPE
- Understaffed and Unsafe, Bay Area Hospital Workers Strike
- East Bay Health Care Workers Strike Forces County to Disband the Boss