Chinese Labor Movement Track
For the first time ever Labor Notes is offering a special Chinese Labor Movement track. Attend if you want to learn more about the Chinese labor movement or if you are a labor activist who is already doing work in this area. The track will include:
- A main session talk by Anita Chan: author of Chinese Workers Under Assault and prominent Chinese labor rights scholar and advocate;
- Pre-Conference China Discussion: Friday, April 11 for invited guests to compare recent experiences and observations.
- The Chinese Labor Movement: Saturday, April 12 workshop on the Chinese labor movement designed to enlighten both experienced activists and those new to the topic;
- Special Interest Meeting: Sunday, April 13 meeting for those actively working on Chinese labor movement issues or those wishing to start;
- Experienced and knowledgeable China labor activists, academics, and allies on Chinese labor issues will be coming from China, Hong Kong, Australia, Germany, UK, Canada, and the U.S. to lend great depth and breadth to this track.
For full participation in the Chinese Labor Movement Track, please arrange to arrive by the morning of Friday, April 11 and stay through late afternoon of Sunday, April 13. If you have any questions, suggestions, or proposals about this track, please contact Ellen David Friedman at ellendavidfriedman [at] hotmail [dot] com or 802-522-6227.