Alexandra Bradbury, Co-Director, Editor Al Bradbury joined the staff in October 2012, after working with hospital workers as a researcher and organizer for Service Employees Local 49 in Oregon. Al covers postal workers and Teamsters. She works out of our Brooklyn office.
Chris Brooks, Staff Writer and Organizer Chris Brooks joined the staff in March 2016. He comes to Labor Notes from Chattanooga, Tennessee, where he spent several years working as a staff rep with the Tennessee Education Association. He covers auto workers, health care workers, and government workers. Chris works out of our Brooklyn office.
Bianca Cunningham, Staff Writer and Organizer Bianca Cunningham joined the staff in July 2018. As a Verizon retail worker she was a leader in the groundbreaking 2014 drive that won a union at seven stores. Later she became an organizer and region-wide trainer for Communications Workers District 1. Bianca covers transit and grocery workers, and works out of our Brooklyn office.
Joe DeManuelle-Hall, Staff Writer and Organizer Joe has been an organizer with Transport Workers Union Local 100 in New York City, a rank-and-file activist in a Chicago Walmart warehouse, and once upon a time an intern on the Sandy Pope campaign for the Teamster presidency. He covers logistics, longshore, rail, UNITE HERE, and the TWU, and is based in our Brooklyn office.
Dan DiMaggio, Assistant Editor Dan joined Labor Notes in 2015 after working as a researcher for the Operating Engineers in Miami. He covers telecom workers, airline workers, the building trades, and health and safety. Dan works out of our Brooklyn office.
Barbara Madeloni, Education Coordinator Barbara Madeloni joined the staff in July 2018. As two-term president of the Massachusetts Teachers Association, she drew national acclaim for fighting off a well-funded ballot initiative that would have ramped up school privatization. Barbara covers K-12 teachers and higher education workers, and is still based in Massachusetts.
Adrian Montgomery, Operations Coordinator Adrian was featured trying to navigate the health care system in the 2007 Michael Moore documentary “Sicko.” Since then she's been organizing and educating for single-payer health care. Adrian works out of our Detroit headquarters.
Saurav Sarkar, Assistant Editor Saurav previously worked for the Poor People’s Campaign, as a staff writer for the business daily Mint in New Delhi, India, and at the National Union of Teachers in the United Kingdom. He also started the blog South Asia Labor Watch. Saurav covers worker centers, immigrant workers, LGBTQ workers, the Steelworkers, the Electrical Workers (UE), and the global labor movement; he works out of our Brooklyn office.
Samantha Winslow, Co-Director Samantha joined the staff in November 2012. She was an organizer for SEIU-United Healthcare Workers West in California and later for the breakaway National Union of Healthcare Workers. She covers K-12 teachers. Samantha works out of our Brooklyn office.
- Ellen David Friedman, NEA (retired)
- Steve Early, The Newspaper Guild/Communications Workers of America, labor journalist, Bay Area
- Nichele Fulmore, IBT Local 391, North Carolina
- Pam Galpern, CWA 1101, New York City
- Megan Hise, OFNHP, Portland, Oregon
- Chris Kutalik, UNITE HERE, Texas
- Ricardo Levins Morales, The Newspaper Guild/CWA, labor artist, Minneapolis
- Shafeah M'Balia, Black Workers for Justice, North Carolina
- Ken McNamara, Communications Workers of America Local 1037, New Jersey
- Yanira Merino, LIUNA, Washington D.C.
- Marsha Niemeijer, Committee of Interns and Residents/SEIU, New York City
- Jose Oliva, Restaurant Opportunities Center, Chicago
- Ken Paff, Teamsters for a Democratic Union, Detroit
- Mike Parker, retired UAW 1700, Labor Notes author, Bay Area
- Guillermo Perez, LCLAA, Pittsburgh
- Teo Reyes, Transnationals Information Exchange, Philadelphia
- Leonard Riley, ILA Local 1422 and Longshore Workers Coalition, Charleston, South Carolina
- Tim Schermerhorn, Transport Workers Union Local 100, New York City
- Judy Sheridan-Gonzalez, N.Y. State Nurses Association, New York City
- Jane Slaughter, former Labor Notes editor, Detroit, Michigan.
- Baldemar Velasquez, Farm Labor Organizing Committee, Toledo, Ohio
- Phyllis Walker, AFSCME Local 3800, Minneapolis
- David Yao, APWU Greater Seattle
Organizations listed for identification purposes only.
Now that you know about us, why not tell us about you? Knowing who our audience is will help us in bringing you the information you can use.