Webinar: Mighty Gay Unions! Queer and Trans Labor Histories and Futures
Illustration: Annabelle Heckler
Queer and trans workers have long been at the frontlines of solidarity, bridging identities and social movements. We’ll share highlights of LGBTQIA+ labor history (and comics), as well as updates and current dispatches from Howard Brown Health Workers United. We’ll connect toward building queer futures and vibrant multiracial unions, in style. This is a reprise and continuation of our very popular Collectively Fabulous panel from the Labor Notes Conference in June 2022.
When: Wednesday, March 22, 7:30 to 9 p.m. Eastern Time / 4:30 to 6 p.m. Pacific
Where: Online, via Zoom
We have a packed agenda, so we will start right on time!
- Shakia Flowers (she/her), Andrea Villanueva (she/her), and Julian Modugno (he/they), Illinois Nurses Association, Howard Brown Health strikers
- Auni Ahsan (she/her), Alphabet Workers Union
- Annabelle Heckler (she/her), labor research, strategy, and comics
- Gerry Scoppettuolo (he/him), Pride at Work Boston chapter, labor historian
- Facilitator: Leigh Howard (she/her), 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East
Registration is FREE. To sign up, click "add to cart" below, and follow checkout instructions in the cart.
Accessibility: Automatic captions will be turned on in Zoom. A slideshow will be presented using Zoom's "screen-sharing" feature. If you need the slides emailed to you in advance—for instance, if you are blind or low-vision and use a screen reader—please email al[at]labornotes[dot]org right away and let me know any specifics about the format you need. Please feel free to reach out with other accessibility needs or questions as well.
Can't make it, or want to share with a friend? Good news—this webinar will be recorded and the video will be made available afterwards through Labor Notes' social media channels.