Our scholarships are allocated on an individual-need basis. Labor Notes is also interested in supporting the attendance of people of color, low-wage workers, immigrants, women, young people, and striking/locked-out workers.
Please keep in mind that Labor Notes organizes this conference on a relatively small budget. We do what we can to provide scholarships—and fundraise for more—but our funds dry up quickly. Apply early if you need assistance. Scholarship recipients are expected to take on a volunteer task at the conference.
What to expect in terms of costs:
- The conference registration cost is $130, or $95 if registered by February 15. This includes the Saturday night banquet dinner, Saturday and Sunday morning coffee and pastries, and entrance to all sessions and educational materials.
- Day rates are also available. Contact us at conference[at]labornotes[dot]org.
- Meals can be purchased from various locations in or near the hotel at a range of prices.
- Labor Notes scholarships typically pay a portion or all of the conference registration fee. Please indicate what you can pay to facilitate your scholarship.
- Lodging costs are not included in the registration fee. Rooms at the conference hotel, the Crowne Plaza O’Hare, can hold up to four people (in two beds). The room rate is $115 a night, if reserved by March 12.
Call Samantha at 718-284-4144 or email conference[at]labornotes[dot]org for more information.
We will be awarding scholarships on January 24 or February 21 and March 14.Thereafter, we’ll review applications weekly. You can expect to hear back from us about the amount of your award a few days after the evaluation.
Please fill out the scholarship application below. We hope to see you at the Conference!