Alexandra Bradbury, Staff Writer
Al Bradbury joined the staff in October 2012. She worked with hospital workers as a researcher and organizer for Service Employees Local 49 in Oregon and now covers SEIU, health care, postal workers, higher ed, and LGBTQ workers. Al works out of our East Coast office in Brooklyn.
Mark Brenner, Director
Mark Brenner joined the staff in September 2005. He comes to Labor Notes from the University of Massachusetts, where he spent several years working with living wage campaigns around the country, as well as playing a leading role in his union. Mark currently covers SEIU, longshore, and transit unions. Mark works out of our East Coast office in Brooklyn.
Jenny Brown, Staff Writer
For 23 years, Jenny Brown was co-editor of the Iguana, a progressive monthly magazine in Gainesville, Florida, where she was a founder of what remains surely the most successful chapter of the Labor Party. She covers UNITE HERE, building trades, airlines, UFCW, and women workers. She also designs the monthly magazine. Jenny works out of our East Coast office in Brooklyn.
Adrian Montgomery, Operations Coordinator
Five years ago Adrian was featured trying to navigate the health care system in the Michael Moore documentary "Sicko." Since then she’s been organizing and educating for single-payer health care. Adrian works out of our headquarters in Detroit.
Jane Slaughter, Editor
Jane started working with Labor Notes in 1979, eventually serving as editor and director. She is the author of Concessions and How To Beat Them and co-author, with Mike Parker, of Choosing Sides: Unions and the Team Concept and Working Smart: A Union Guide to Participation Programs and Reengineering. She is the editor of A Troublemaker's Handbook 2. She covers Teamsters, auto, steel, and the UE. Jane works out of our headquarters in Detroit
Samantha Winslow, Staff Writer and Organizer
Samantha joined the staff in November 2012. She was an organizer for SEIU-United Healthcare Workers West in California and later for the breakaway National Union of Healthcare Workers. Samantha covers teachers, public sector workers, and immigrants. Samantha works out of our East Coast office in Brooklyn.
- Ellen David Friedman, NEA (retired)
- Steve Early, The Newspaper Guild/Communications Workers of America, labor journalist, Bay Area
- Nichele Fulmore, IBT Local 391, North Carolina
- Pam Galpern, CWA 1101, New York City
- Megan Hise, LIUNA Local 483, Portland, Oregon
- Chris Kutalik, UNITE HERE, Texas
- Ricardo Levins Morales, The Newspaper Guild/CWA, labor artist, Minneapolis
- Shafeah M'Balia, Black Workers for Justice, North Carolina
- Ken McNamara, Communications Workers of America Local 1037, New Jersey
- Yanira Merino, LIUNA, Washington D.C.
- Marsha Niemeijer, Committee of Interns and Residents/SEIU, New York City
- Jose Oliva, Restaurant Opportunities Center, Chicago
- Ken Paff, Teamsters for a Democratic Union, Detroit
- Mike Parker, retired UAW 1700, Labor Notes author, Bay Area
- Guillermo Perez, LCLAA, Pittsburgh
- Teo Reyes, Transnationals Information Exchange, Philadelphia
- Leonard Riley, ILA Local 1422 and Longshore Workers Coalition, Charleston, South Carolina
- Louie Rocha, CWA Local 9423, San Jose, California
- Tim Schermerhorn, Transport Workers Union Local 100, New York City
- Judy Sheridan-Gonzalez, N.Y. State Nurses Association, New York City
- Baldemar Velasquez, Farm Labor Organizing Committee, Toledo, Ohio
- Phyllis Walker, AFSCME Local 3800, Minneapolis
- David Yao, APWU Greater Seattle
Organizations listed for identification purposes only.
Now that you know about us, why not tell us about you? Knowing who our audience is will help us in bringing you the information you can use.